I love a new idea that’s right for it’s time. I love it even more if it involves food, beer and movies. And I especially love it when it’s just down the road from my holiday house. Today’s successful business owner ticks every one of those boxes.
Julian Grant is the Founder of Barefoot Cinemas, a new outdoor-cinema concept that launched over Summer in Victoria. In fact, it launched down the road from my holiday house in a seaside village called Portsea. So I’m a little bit biased, as I absolutely love Julian’s business idea, as it brought a whole new level of fun to the area.
Barefoot Cinema is an outdoor cinema concept set in a national park, on a cliff top overlooking a beautiful beach and Port Phillip Bay. There’s food trucks, a bar, fairy lights dangling from all the trees, live music …oh, and there’s also a large cinema-sized screen and sound system. Being there is like being on the set of a Jack Johnson video.
What I also love about the Barefoot Cinema concept is that by day Julian is a young, whipper-snapper solicitor, so this is a side hustle. One which (given the success he had in year one) may well become his full time focus very quickly as he starts a national expansion.
My Top 3 Attention Grabbers From My Chat With Barefoot Cinema’s Julian Grant:
- Brand clarity. I love how Julian could so easily articulate exactly what the Barefoot Cinema brand stands for. If you can’t do that for your business, then I strongly suggest you do. Need some help, join the Small Business Big Marketing Club.
- Over-delivering. I love how Julian wasn’t willing to cut corners. Whilst this impacted on his margins in year one, it’s meant that he has a bunch of sponsors who loved what they were involved with, and a product offering that is highly regarded. Year 2 is going to be so much easier.
- Behind-the-scenes social media posts. I know many of you think you have nothing interesting to share on social media. If that’s you, then think about some behind-the-scenes shots and stories. They work a treat. I’ve just started to broadcast my raw interviews on Facebook Live and the engagement has been fantastic.
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, you’ll also discover:
- How to write great marketing headlines
- Why you should never eat alone
- Insights from a past interview with Rowdy McLean
Links & Resources mentioned:
- Barefoot Cinema’s website
- Interview with Play A Bigger Game’s Rowdy McLean
- How to write better marketing headlines
- Why and how to stop eating alone
Please support these businesses who make this show possible:
Dale Beaumont’s 52 Ways – An amazing free 1-day live event for business owners where you’ll discover 52 ways to boost your business profits. Seats are limited. Book now.
FastMail – Free 30-day trial plus 15% off your first year. Email, calendars and contacts done right. Get private, secure, email hosting for that beautiful business of yours.
If some thing in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know.Leave your comments below.
This post was provided by marketing speaker Tim Reid who is the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, Australia’s #1 marketing podcast, also heard on Virgin Airlines. Subscribe FREE on iTunes or Android.