Exiting a Business Q&A

Exiting a business

  How do I close my business?

You must tell the following agencies if you have ceased trading:

For more information, visit the exiting a business page.

There are a number of requirements that need to be met before you can do this.

For more detailed advice and application forms, visit the Australian Securities and Investments Commission website or contact them on 1300 300 630.

If you’re unable to pay your debts and have looked at all the alternatives to bankruptcy, you can file for bankruptcy with the Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia (ITSA).

For more detailed advice, visit the ITSA website or contact them directly on 1300 364 785.