If you’re like most small business owners, you’re hugely concerned about your competition. Well imagine this … you open a shop in a street with not one, not two, not three, but 30 competitors all with shops selling similar things to you … and not just in the same town, but in the same street!!! How would you feel? Worried? Would you constantly check what they’re up to? What products they are selling? Would you always have one eye on their prices? Or would you just get on with it like Stuart Stanley does? His shop, RING Jewellers, is based in an area called ‘The Lanes’ in Brighton, on the South Coast of England. It is a jewellery hotspot and the description above is exactly what the area is like.
In this candid chat Stuart talks about how he deals with competitors in business plus:
- What makes him different from all his competitors
- Why he loves the helpful marketing concept so much
- How he manages his precious window displays
- How he avoids competing on price
- How to avoid competitor fear
- And plenty more …
Here’s one of Stuart’s helpful videos that’s had 91,000 views:
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Stuart Stanley:
- Stuart’s willingness to educate his prospects and clients.
- The fact that he’s even using his window display to educate by talking about the quality of different metals.
- And I love the fact that even though he’s a small jeweller in a little high street in the UK, that he had the guts and was proud enough of his achievements to reach out to me and request an interview on this show.
Stuart Stanley Interview Transcription
I started off by asking him how he became a jeweler in the first place.
A really bit of a random story I’ll try to keep it short for you but I had a background in the design at University. I didn’t really think of jewelry but I got a really awful sort of door to door sales job just to pay off the old student debts and just knocked on the door of this crazy fellow.
— Timbo ✌️ (@TimboReid) March 1, 2019
- RING Jeweller’s official website
- RING Jewellers on Facebook
- RING Jewellers testimonials
- RING Jewellers YouTube channel
- Steve Sims speaker’s website
- The Bluefish website
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode:
- This week’s Monster Prize Draw winner is: Cameron Bell from Cessnock Podiatry
Please support the following businesses who make this show possible:
Let your business expenses reward you. Every year.
Australia’s Internet isn’t great. That’s why Switchnode exist. The solution is here and it’s wireless.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.