Got a book in ya? I reckon every business owner has. And so does my guest, who’s an expert at helping peeps like you … get published. It’s a very studious episode 484 of The (award-winning) Small Business Big Marketing Show thanks to American Express and digital marketing agency Yellow.
A little bit more about Lyda Maclallen of Talk Plus Tell …
Lyda Mclallen is the founder of Talk Plus Tell and is an expert on helping business owners get published.
While working at corporate for 8+ years, Lyda not-so-secretly helped authors promote their books as a side hustle. But it wasn’t until 2017 that she decided to do it full time.
So far the authors Lyda and her team have worked with have gone on to sell hundreds of thousands of books, win awards, become international bestsellers, go on cross-country book tours, appear on the BBC, in Vogue, the Huffington Post and New York Times … and even go viral.
Through her self-publishing company, Talk Plus Tell she now helps business owners produce beautiful books that sell and reflect the author’s goals and brand.
We cover plenty of ground during this chat including:
- The types of books a business owner could write
- The essential questions you need to ask before writing a book
- What if you’re not a great writer
- Who you need on your team
- What are the best publishing options
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Talk Plus Tell’s Lyda Mclallen:
- I fully support Lyda’s belief that every business owner should write a book.
- Get crystal clear on your ideal target reader by outlining what they’re wanting to achieve by reading your book, and understanding any pains or blockages that are in their way.
- Be honest about what you know and what you don’t know. And fill in the gaps of what you don’t know by interviewing others. That’s what I do!!
Resources mentioned in episode 484 of The Small Business Big Marketing Show:
- Talk Plus Tell’s official website
- Last week’s interview with One 80 Light inventor Ammon Arrave
- Interviews I’ve done with other business authors:
This week’s Monster Prize Draw winner
Gilava Pour of Persian food manufacturer Exotic Bazaar
Please support the following businesses who make this show possible:
Let your business expenses reward you. Every year.
Check out their online marketing packages tailored for businesses just like yours.
Australia’s Internet isn’t great. That’s why Switchnode exist. The solution is here and it’s wireless.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.
This post was provided by marketing speaker Tim Reid who is the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, Australia’s #1 marketing podcast, also heard on Virgin Airlines. Subscribe FREE on iTunes or Android