Ex deep sea diver Troy Paquette is the co-founder of Vitality Air – a business that sells fresh air in a can from the Canadian Rockies! Which raises so many questions like “Really?!” And “Why? How? To who? How much? Why??!!” He and his partner started off by selling a bag of fresh Canadian air on eBay and now they’ve come up with a way of capturing it in bulk, and they’re selling it by the can by the thousands! So many questions … so little time 🙂
“We started by selling a bag of fresh Canadian air on eBay. The first bag sold for 99 cents … and cost us nine bucks to ship! So we didn’t make it big on that one. But the second bag sold for $168!!”
There’s loads more crazy facts, tips and insights just like this that will help you build that beautiful business of yours into the empire it deserves to be. Hit the PLAY button or subscribe free to hear the full interview. You’ll also find the full interview transcription below.
If you have questions about how to sell an unusual product or service (especially fresh air!) then you’ll get this answers in this interview:
- How do you sell fresh air?
- How to test a business idea using eBay?
- How to market a strange product?
- How to use the media to generate enquiry and sales?
- And so much more …
Troy Paquette is the Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer for Vitality Air. He brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to this business. As a former commercial diver and Journeyman Red Seal Welder, Troy has a diverse understanding of the importance of delivering fresh clean air.
As Troy was growing up, he was always the first kid out the door and the last kid in. Troy spent most of his youth being raised outdoors at the lake. His values and love of “fresh air” stemmed from those days at the lake with his Grandparents. Growing up in Alberta, nature, fresh air and the great Canadian Rocky Mountains were never hard to find.
Troy feels right at home with nature. That passion and love for nature will carry on through the products and our premium air that we will be delivering to you. We believe that our customers should have the same opportunity to breathe the fresh air that we do.
With Troy’s hands on skills and Moses’s passion for e-commerce, we together will offer an experience like no other. No matter where you live in the world – you too can breathe, clean, fresh air.
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Troy Paquette of Vitality Air:
- People will buy anything! So if you’re sitting on a product or service idea that you thinks crazy, then maybe it’s time to bite the bullet and take it to market. One person’s crazy idea is another one’s genius!
- Use eBay to test a new product idea. And if you have an idea for a new service then use Gumtree or Craigslist.
- I like how Vitality Air is expanding into other related products – Oxygen and scented mists.
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode you’ll also discover:
- I announce a new give-away idea I have for the show
- I thank some listeners who’ve kindly brobed me (I mean) thanked me for my show by sending me gifts
- I’ll update you on how my marketing mastermind is progressing
- And Melbourne SEO Services Dave Jenyns and I explain why and how to optimise every page of your website for the user … not Google!
Other resources mentioned:
- Vitality Air’s official website
- Vitality Air’s product range
- How to opitimise your website for humans!
- Melbourne SEO Services
- Interview with Orbitkey’s Rex Kuo on crowdfunding
- Interview with Rand Fishkin on how to optimise your blog posts
- Interview with Max Lenman who created an amazing viral video to sell his girlfriend’s old Honda
- Interview with Four Pillars Stu Gregor on how to build a premium brand
- Interview with Clive McCorkell from Ard Zone about promotional products
Please support these businesses who make this show possible:
DesignCrowd is the world’s #1 custom design marketplace where, with access to 550,000 designers, you’ll get the perfect design every time. Get $100 off your DesignCrowd brief here.
Prospa is Australia’s #1 online lender to small businesses. You can quickly apply online for loans up to $250,000, get a fast decision and in most cases receive the funding in under 24 hours. Call 1300 882 867.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
This post was provided by marketing speaker Tim Reid who is the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, Australia’s #1 marketing podcast, also heard on Virgin Airlines. Subscribe FREE on iTunes or Android.