Goods and Services Tax
You need to register for GST if:
- your business has a GST turnover of $75 000 or more ($150 000 or more for non profit organisations)
- you provide taxi travel as part of your business, regardless of your GST turnover.
Before you register for GST, you must first have an Australian Business Number (ABN). If you don’t already have one, you can use your GST application to register for an ABN.
To register for GST:
- register online if you have an AUSkey
- phone 1300 720 092 to request a copy of the add a new business account form to complete, or
- register through your tax agent.
For further assistance, contact the Australian Tax Office on 13 28 66.