Saya McDermott is a graphic designer by trade. She then became a pilot for a few years. Obvious career change! Now she’s building a skincare business cleverly called Saya Skincare that’s taking on the world.
We cover plenty of ground in this chat as Saya talks about the importance of following your passion, the power of creating a strong visual brand, why she set up shop in an industrial estate, how she generates sales across online, retail and wholesale. And plenty more.
“One day we got an order from Panasonic for 10,000 units. Now that was a great day!”
There’s loads more tips and insights just like this that will help you build that beautiful business of yours into the empire it deserves to be. Hit the PLAY button above to listen now, or subscribe free to hear the full interview.
Saya also shares:
- Why she made such a big career change
- How to build a strong visual brand
- How she’s used social media to attract clients (retail & wholesale)
- How she got Panasonic to place an order for 10,000 products
- How she got a contract to supply a new airport on the Sunshine Coast
- And so much more …
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Saya McDermott:
- I love the relaxed nature in which she approaches her business.
- Say’s blogging strategy is so simple and effective.
- And I love her branding. I’m a sucker for a strong visual brand – so no matter what your industry, I don’t think there’s any excuse for not having one!
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode:
- This week’s Monster Prize Draw winner is:
- Tony Rogers from Grey2Black Photography
Jingle of the Week – SPC Baked Beans & Spaghetti
- Saya Skincares official website
- Saya Skincares Blog
- Interview with Joshua Nichols about his 21 step customer mantra
- Interview with Jules Lund about social influencers
- Interview with Joshua Nichols re customer experience
Please support American Express who make this show possible:
Let your business expenses reward you. Every year.
And join me at the Idea Exchange in Melbourne (October 17, 2018) and Sydney (November 22, 2018).
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.