If you find writing marketing and sales copy about as much fun as going to the Dentist, then listen up, as award-winning copywriter Joanna Wiebe shows you how to write copy that converts. And it’s not painful at all. In fact, it’s rather fun. Just like marketing should be!
“If you can’t afford to hire a copywriter, then at least learn how to do it yourself … Just because you can use Microsoft Word does not make you a great writer, but at the other extreme, you don’t need to pay thousands for some whiz bag new copywriting course. There’s plenty of good information out there … including this interview! ”
– Joanna Wiebe,
There’s loads more tips and insights just like this that will help you build that beautiful business of yours into the empire it deserves to be. Hit the PLAY button above to listen now, or subscribe free to hear the full interview.
If you have questions about how to write marketing and sales copy that turns idle prospects into active customers, then you’ll get the answers in this interview, including:
- What you should expect your copywriter to be able to do (eg. brochures, flyers, Christmas cards, landing pages, sales web copy, sales letters, documents v blog posts).
- How good copywriting involves an understanding of optimisation, user experience, email & ad conversion.
- What is so important about understanding your audience and how to find their voice to help you write better copy.
- How swiping copy from prospects & customers by studying the natural language hidden in testimonials, Facebook, Twitter, and emails can help you find headlines.
- What research marketing secrets are great for finding the people that might be your customers.
- How to find the best reviews for your niche and see what messages most matter to your prospects, what their needs and wants are, what’s missing, and what they didn’t love.
- How a headline that is completely different to what you have used before can produce outstanding results.
- What is more important than a ‘call to action’ in your copywriting, and how it can increase conversion.
- How you can use information from customers to write great headlines.
- The power of simple copy and how it can increase conversion.
A little more about today’s guest, Joanna Wiebe of Copy Hackers:
Joanna Wiebe is the founder of Copy Hackers, an online portal laser-focused on helping business owners write amazing copy that converts. Whether it be for a marketing brochure, a sales letter, or a slide deck, Joanna and her team are experts at this much misunderstood yet mission critical business skill.
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Copy Hackers Joanna Wiebe:
- Write your first draft and then go and get a writer to polish it.
- I love the idea of reading and pulling apart reviews of books relevant to your industry on book sites like Amazon, and studying the language being used, what the reviewer loved, what they didn’t love and what was missing.
- I love how Joanna reinforces what I’ve always said about finding and honouring your voice in all your marketing. Be yourself and avoid being someone you’re not.
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode you’ll also discover:
- I share some feedback about my interview with Clarke Scott, the ex-Buddhist Monk turned entrepreneur
- Another motivated listener wins in this week’s Monster Prize Draw
- Copy Hackers official website
- Joanna Wiebe on LinkedIn
- This week’s winners of the Monster Prize Draw: Nick Reid from Reid Stock Feeds
Please support American Express who make this show possible:
American Express Business Explorer Credit Card … it’s the credit card that ensures your business expenses reward you. Search Amex Business.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.
This post was provided by marketing speaker Tim Reid who is the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, Australia’s #1 marketing podcast, also heard on Virgin Airlines. Subscribe FREE on iTunes or Android