- On March 15, 2019
- How to get Elton John as a client, marketing podcast, Marketing tips, Small Business Big Marketing, Steve Sims, The Bluefish, tim reid
Elton John is a client of Steve Sims’ business The Bluefish, which is kind of interesting in itself. What’s even more interesting is how Steve came to get Elton as a client in the first place. In this revealing chat Steve shares:
- How he got Elton John as a client
- How to get past the Dobermans in order to get to the final decision makers
- Why relationships take time
- Why you need to be super self-aware of how others perceive you
- And plenty more …
A little bit about Steve Sims
Steve Sims’s day job is to make the impossible possible. With his help and expertise, his clients’ fantasies and wildest dreams come true. Getting married by the Pope in the Vatican, being serenaded by Elton John, and connecting with powerful business moguls like Elon Musk are just a few of the many projects he has worked on. He rarely reveals how he accomplishes the feats that make his clients so happy. But every now and then (like on this show), Steve shares his practical tips, techniques, and strategies to help readers break down any obstacle and turn their dreams into reality.
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Steve Sims:
- I love Steve’s idea of having extreme self-awareness, knowing exactly how others will perceive you, and craft your approach accordingly.
- Accept that building profitable relationships takes time.
- Respect the ‘puppy Dobermans’ that may be in the between you getting to the big daddy of them all!
Steve Sims Interview Transcription
So what he does is he has, him and his husband David Furnish they have a Elton John AIDS Foundation and what this is. Is a charitable group that actually raises money to find a cure for AIDS which I will say proudly today they actually cured the second person ever that had HIV. So to say that it’s actually is becoming a cure disease yeah they solved one person. And today they announce a second person has actually been cured. That’s a massive milestone but they have a charity event every year and it’s around the Oscar weekend is actually on the same Sunday. And here’s how it works.
- Steve Sim’s business – The Bluefish
- Steve Sims book – Bluefishing: The art of making things happen
- Steve Sims personal website
- Past Steve Sims interview with Timbo:
This week’s winner of the Monster Prize Draw winner is:
- Benjamin Forehand of War Ink Manufacturing
Please support the following businesses who make this show possible:
Let your business expenses reward you. Every year.
Partner with Australia’s #1 online business directory for all your digital marketing needs.
Australia’s Internet isn’t great. That’s why Switchnode exist. The solution is here and it’s wireless.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.