- On March 21, 2017
- Branding, customer experience, Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson is a chef and co-founder of Huxtaburger, my favourite burger joint (everything in moderation , of course ;0). Huxtaburger is a very understated burger brand that’s in 5 quality locations around my hometown of Melbourne.
There’s a couple of things I love about the Huxtaburger brand – one is in its marketing. Specifically, Daniel has written a recipe book that step-by-step explains exactly how to make the world’s best burger. So, in theory, you could follow all his instructions and go in to direct competition. In theory.
Listen in as we cover some serious marketing ground including:
- What makes Huxtaburger more than just another burger joint
- How Daniel and his friends went from working as chefs to opening their own restaurant
- Daniel’s personal philosophy of doing what you love – whether that’s cooking food you love or using your passions otherwise
- How Huxtaburger’s name and classic menu came to be
- The unique challenges and benefits of starting a franchise
- How Huxtaburger’s new brand refresh focuses the company on diversity
- Why Daniel wrote a book, The Huxtaburger Book, with the secrets to making a perfect burger
- The reason your brand experience is so important to creating an emotional attachment with customers
But that’s not all. In this episode of your favourite marketing podcast …
- I launch a new segment with past guest Dale Beaumont, in which Dale shares a productivity tool each week. The segment’s called Life Just Got A Whole Lot Easier!
- I share another low cost marketing idea – I call it the Super-Sized Customer Testimonial Strategy!
- And we go way back into The Small Business Big Marketing Show’s archive, revisiting a controversial chat I had with one of Australia’s most successful network marketers, Paul McAneny.
As per usual, there’s marketing G.O.L.D. dripping from the ceiling over at Small Business Big Marketing’s HQ … So let’s get stuck … right in.
00:00 Two marketing insights
01:16 Welcome & overview
02:56 Insights into The Small Business Outsourcing Tour to the Philippines
03:54 Introduction to a new segment
04:25 New segment: Life Just Got A Whole Lot Easier!
05:53 Today’s guest introduction – Daniel Wilson
07:36 Interview with Daniel Wilson
41:26 Insights into Cornerstone Business Solutions
42:41 My Top 3 Attention Grabbers from my chat with Daniel Wilson
44:02 What Have You Got To Lose: How to create super-sized customer testimonial
46:46 Wrap-up and an insight in to both a past guest & next week’s guest
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS
- “Cook what you love.” Do what you love. If you’re not doing what you love in your business, either hire someone else to do it, get rid of it, or get over it.
- He’s never spent a cent on advertising. The marketing landscape has changed significantly – advertising is absolutely a small component part of marketing, and there are many other ways you can promote your business.
- Share that mountain of knowledge you’re standing on! Express your opinions, share your knowledge, become the opinion leader. Sell the experience and don’t worry about keeping secrets.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Voxer – The productivity tool Dale shares in Life Just Got A Whole Lot Easier
Dale Beaumont’s 52 Ways live event
Dale Beaumont’s 52 Ways Workshop
Quite Simply, The Best One-Day Business Workshop, EVER.
Cornerstone Business Solutions
Reduce your business running costs by up to 90%
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.
This post was provided by marketing speaker Tim Reid who is the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, Australia’s #1 marketing podcast, also heard on Virgin Airlines. Subscribe FREE on iTunes or Android.