A $1,500 online survey lead to a 34% sales increase for Beer Cartel (and that’s just one of five amazing outcomes)
- On June 20, 2018
- 422, beer cartel, marketing podcast, Marketing tips, richard kelsey, Small Business Big Marketing, tim reid
Beer Cartel’s Richard Kelsey walks you step-by-step through a simple marketing strategy utilising an online survey which:
- Increased revenues by 34%
- Added 17,000 prospects to his mailing list
- Got him thousands of dollars in free publicity
- And positioned his business as an industry authority
THAT’S marketing gold … right there!
“When we used to do market research projects in the commercial world they used to cost tens of thousands of dollars. This one we did for Beer Cartel cost $1,500. It’s amazing what us small businesses can do!”
There’s loads more tips and insights just like this that will help you build that beautiful business of yours into the empire it deserves to be. Hit the PLAY button above to listen now, or subscribe free to hear the full interview. You’ll also find the full interview transcription below.
If you have questions about how to create effective content and specifically how to use online surveys then you’ll get this answers in this interview, including:
- How do you create an online survey?
- What can you achieve from an online survey?
- How do you get people to complete an online survey?
- How do you get other businesses to promote an online survey?
- How do you structure an online survey?
- Why would you use an online survey to create content?
- And plenty more …
A little more about today’s guest, Richard Kelsey of Beer Cartel:
Richard Kelsey is the founder of Beer Cartel, an online and bricks & mortar store offering Australia’s largest range of craft beers. 1,100 in fact! He first appeared on this show three years ago, and since then the business has gone from strength to strength. But a few months ago, Richard (an ex Market Researcher – that helps!) decided his sales needed a kick along. He also wanted to significantly increase his database, and become known as an industry authority.
So he created an online survey which produced some amazing results, and he’s been kind enough to share exactly how he did it with us, today.
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Richard Kelsey from Beer Cartel:
- I love the idea of a small business taking responsibility for conducting an ambitious piece of market research. And boldly calling it the 2017 Australian Craft Beer Survey.
- I love the way Richard incentivised other businesses to promote and complete the survey by offering them a personalised report. We call that amplification!
- I love how a simple Google search will help you identify the best questions to ask in your industry. … Simply Google [Your industry] market research questions.
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode:
- This week’s Monster Prize Draw winner is:
- Perth home handyman – Keith Hutchings
Jingle of the Week – “TDK does amazing things to my system”
- Beer Cartel’s official website
- The actual Beer Cartel Survey results
- The video Beer Cartel used on Facebook
Please support American Express who make this show possible:
Let your business expenses reward you. Every year.
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
May your marketing be the best marketing.