- On January 11, 2018
- 399, Joe Dorfman, Joel Abel, marketing podcast, Marketing tips, Notice Board Systems, SBBM, tim reid
Joe Dorfman and Joel Abel founders of Notice Board Systems which are those community noticeboards you may have seen in your local shopping centre, often located outside the supermarket. A place for local businesses to promote themselves, and for locals to sell household items. Now, I always assumed these notice boards were simply put there by the local shopping centre management as a community service; however, it’s actually a real business making some pretty good coin! There’s 650 notice boards around Australia and they claim to be reaching 6,000,000 customers each week! So, curiosity got the better of me and I had to find out more.
“If you want to capture a local market then a community notice board is the way to go. It becomes a local business’s store front … and they provide a great opportunity to highlight promotions and their overall involvement in the community.”
Notice Board Systems
There’s loads more tips and insights just like this that will help you build that beautiful business of yours into the empire it deserves to be. Hit the PLAY button above to listen now, or subscribe free to hear the full interview. You’ll also find the full interview transcription below.
If you have questions about local area marketing and the sue of community notice boards then you’ll get this answers in this interview, including:
- How do I get a ROI from advertising on community notice boards?
- Is local area marketing effective?
- What messages works best on community notice boards?
- How much can I expect to pay for ads on community notice boards?
- And so much more …
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Joe and Joel from Notice Board Systems:
- I’m reminded of the importance of local area marketing. Whilst we talk a lot about modern marketing methods on this show, there’s something to be said for getting out into your local community and making yourself and your business known.
- I like the way they’re managing growth. Whilst they could have notice boards on every street corner, they’ve made a decision to get their offering right before expanding further.
- I love the way they engage the local disability associations to help with the merchandising of the boards.
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode you’ll also discover:
- Why you should be making it easy for people to contact you off your website (seems obvious,but it’s amazing how many business websites make it hard) – Dave Jenyns from Melbourne SEO Services explains what to do about it.
Please support these businesses who make this show possible:
American Express Business Explorer Credit Card … it’s the credit card that ensures your business expenses reward you. Search Amex Business.
And Prospa … Australia’s #1 online lender to small businesses. You can quickly apply online for loans up to $250,000, get a fast decision and in most cases receive the funding in under 24 hours. Visit Propsa.com/Timbo or call 1300 882 867, and tell ‘em Timbo sent ya!
If something in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know by leaving a comment below.
This post was provided by marketing speaker Tim Reid who is the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, Australia’s #1 marketing podcast, also heard on Virgin Airlines. Subscribe FREE on iTunes or Android.