- On September 26, 2017
- How to make your business appear more human, Lucy and Felicity, Marketing tips, Podcast, SBBM, The Business of Podcasting, The Outer Sanctum, tim reid, Turning a podcast into a business
In episode 383 we meet two sisters who (along with four other friends) are working hard at turning their podcast into a business, and having a ball as they do so.
“When something’s a passion project, you’ll find the space. We’re six women who have jobs, families … could not find time to have a coffee with each other, but we have somehow for the past two years carved out a space once a week to do The Outer Sanctum. The workload has increased, but all this comes from love. If it comes from something you truly believe in, then you find the time.”
– Felicity Race
The Outer Sanctum
There’s loads more tips and insights just like this that will help you build that beautiful business of yours into the empire it deserves to be. Hit the PLAY button or subscribe free to hear the full interview. You’ll also find the full interview transcription below.
If you have questions about how to turn a podcast into a business that pays you real money, then you’ll get the answers in this interview:
- How do I monetise a podcast?
- How do I run a business at the same time as getting my podcast off the ground?
- Is it realistic to think I could make a living from podcasting?
- How do I grow my audience to a point that partners / advertisers would be interested?
- Is advertising the only way to generate income from podcasting?
A little bit about my two guests (as detailed in their own hilarious bios):
Lucy Race – Lucy is a 12 time premiership supporter, mother, business owner and trainer for the SPJFC Under 11s. A prolific letter writer, media monitor and soap box dweller, Lucy is thrilled to find another vehicle for her opinions. Lucy is passionate about all codes of football. Her two dogs, Archie Thompson and Jarryd Roughead concur.
Felicity Race – Felicity is a business owner, football lover and mother of three boys who lives with the daily challenge of her kids barracking for Essendon. Running her own business has turned out to be fortuitous as podcasting, occasional writing for The Guardian and watching every sport possible makes her largely unemployable. In 2016, Felicity learned how to bounce a footy which was the pinnacle of her football career.
Here’s what caught my attention from my chat with Lucy & Felicity Race:
- Don’t be afraid to look to podcasting as a whole new business. I did and it’s continues to be an amazing ride. If you want to know how I’ve monetised it then go back and listen to episode 351.
- Nothing’s impossible. If you had told me that there’s a group of six people successfully producing a weekly audio program, I would have said that’s way too many. It couldn’t work. Clearly it can, and The Outer Sanctum are proof of that.
- Partnerships. Partnerships. Partnerships. I’ve rattled on about this ALOT, I know. But the power of a strategic partnership in growing any business can’t be understated. Go back and listen to episode 369 to learn how to do it.
But the marketing gold doesn’t stop there, in this episode you’ll also discover:
- How I get more listeners to my podcast
- You’ll discover how to ramp up the human side of your business
- And we go back into the vault, revisiting a chat I had with a Stephen Byron whose family built and own Australia’s most awarded airport!
Please support these businesses who make this show possible:
Dale Beaumont’s 52 Ways – An amazing free 1-day live event for business owners where you’ll discover 52 ways to boost your business profits. Seats are limited. Book now.
Dragon Voice Recognition Software – It converts whatever you say into text. You download the software, start talking and your words appear on your screen. Which means you can create documents, blog posts, emails, reports & spreadsheets in a third the time; because we speak three times faster than we write. Get 35% off at GetDragon.com.au
If some thing in this episode of Australia’s favourite marketing podcast peaked your interest, then let me know. Leave your thoughts below.
This post was provided by marketing speaker Tim Reid who is the host of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, Australia’s #1 marketing podcast, also heard on Virgin Airlines. Subscribe FREE on iTunes or Android.